Splinters are small pieces of wood that enter the skin and cause a great deal of pain. A person can get a splinter from many different sources, all of which involve some form of wood. It may seem unusual to contact a health clinic to have a splinter removed, but splinters can become infected and even cause a form of poisoning. Typical splinter infection will produce pain, redness, swelling, and pus at the insertion point. If the splinter is not removed completely, symptoms may continue until it is removed completely. Keep in mind that EZCare Clinic does not provide treatment for puncture wounds, and we may recommend another facility of your splinter is not visible on the skin surface or too deep to remove and if a patient has abscesses.
At EZCare Clinic in San Francisco, we assess your splinter, level of pain, and establish a personalized care plan that fits your lifestyle.
To learn more about how we can help you find splinter relief, call EZCare Clinic in San Francisco at (415) 966-0848 to schedule an appointment today for a consultation.
What to Expect at Your Visit
- No appointment necessary. Walk-in patients accepted.
- Depending on your age, treatment at EZCare Clinic may vary.
- Patients who experience severe shortness of breath or trouble breathing should visit the emergency room.
- Sign-in at the front desk and be sure to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Our doctors will review your medical history and will talk about your allergy symptoms with you before conducting a physical examination.
- Following testing, we will recommend a personalized treatment plan to fit your lifestyle and allergy needs.
Once your visit is complete, you may pick up a full summary of your condition and prescription at the front desk.