- A full refund can be requested and issued in the following cases:
- Cancellation 24 hours before the visit. A patient cancels their appointment at least 24 hours before the scheduled time. For cancellations made within 24 hours of the scheduled time, a $50 fee is applied as a late cancellation charge.
- Late cancellation or late rescheduling from the provider’s side. A provider cancels or reschedules the appointment prior to its time, and a patient declines to reschedule the appointment.
- Technical issues on the provider’s side. In the event of technical issues on the provider’s side that prevent the consultation from starting, EZCare Clinic specialists will make every effort to reschedule the appointment at a mutually convenient time. If rescheduling is not possible, a full refund of the appointment cost will be provided.
- A need for another medical provider. If a patient has scheduled an appointment with a medical provider not licensed in the patient’s state, or if a patient appeared in such a situation after rescheduling an appointment, the EZCare Clinic team will make every effort to reschedule the appointment or initiate a refund if rescheduling is not possible.
- No-show or late arrival of the provider. If the provider arrives 15 minutes late or more, the no-show fee is not applicable, and the patient has the option to be rescheduled at the earliest available time.
- Unavailable time slots. If a patient has paid for their visit and there were no appointments available that would accommodate their schedule in a reasonable and timely manner, a refund can be requested.
- Refunds cannot be requested and issued in the following cases:
- The appointment started. Once the appointment starts, no refund can be requested or issued unless the circumstances stated in points 1.3 or 1.4 are effective.
- External issues on the patient’s side. EZCare Clinic is not responsible for any external factors that may impact the quality or availability of the online video consultation, including but not limited to internet connectivity issues on the patient’s side.
- No-show or late arrival of the patient. If a patient fails to show up for a scheduled appointment or fails to log in within 5 minutes of their scheduled appointment time, and the provider was available, a refund request is not warranted. The prepaid funds remain in the patient’s account, and the patient is charged the $50 no-show fee. Before a patient reschedules an appointment, they would need to replace the amount previously deducted from their account for the no-show fee.
Medical emergency. At EZCare Clinic, we understand that unexpected medical emergencies can arise, requiring immediate attention and care. If a patient has scheduled a telemedicine consultation with one of our healthcare professionals and is unable to attend due to a sudden, unforeseen medical emergency, they may request a refund.
A valid and official medical document or certification detailing the emergency and the need for immediate medical attention must be provided within 72 hours of the missed consultation to request a refund.
To request a refund, please contact our customer support team by phone (415) 966-0848, SMS (415) 966-0848, or email [email protected]. Please provide the following information:
- Full name.
- Date of birth.
- Phone number.
- The date of an appointment you’d like to request a refund for.
- Detailed information about the reason for a refund.
A customer support specialist will reach out to you within 48-72 hours of submitting the refund request.
Timeframe for refund requests
You have 15 days from the payment date to request a refund if no EZCare Clinic services have been provided and your situation falls under categories 1.1–1.6.
In the case of a medical emergency disclosed in Exceptions, you have 72 hours after the missed consultation to provide a EZCare Clinic customer support team with a valid and official medical document.
Refund processing timeframe
The EZCare Clinic customer support team reviews and processes refund requests within 2-3 business days. It may take another 28 business days for the funds to be credited into your bank account. Note that this period may be different depending on your bank’s approval.
How refunds are issued
Approved refunds are issued through the original payment method.
Changes to refund policy
EZCare Clinic reserves the right to update or modify this refund policy at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on our website and will be effective immediately.