CFS, or chronic fatigue syndrome, is a debilitating disorder that is characterized by extreme tiredness or fatigue. This fatigue is not relieved with rest and there is no underlying medical condition that can explain it. Also referred to as systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) and myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), CFS does not have well-understood causes. Some of the theories are psychological stress, viral infection, or a combination of other factors that can lead to CFS.
Click the button below and learn to manage chronic pain by booking a consultation with a licensed doctor.
Due to the fact that a number of other conditions produce similar symptoms and no single cause for the disorder can be identified, it can be quite difficult to diagnose CFS. There are no tests for this disorder, which is why other causes of your fatigue will need to be ruled out by your doctor. Although there is no cure at present for CFS, the focus on CFS treatment is on relieving the symptoms that patients experience.
Best CFS Treatments
Treatments for CMS are normally tailored to the symptoms you experience. Early diagnosis, making lifestyle changes, and taking medications to control some of the symptoms can all be effective in helping to relieve the symptoms of the condition. There is no one method to manage CFS that works for everyone, but there are a few options available.
Lifestyle Changes: As mentioned earlier, lifestyle changes can help relieve some of the symptoms of CFS. There are also a few home remedies that can give you relief. One of the most effective ways to treat CFS is to eliminate or cut down your caffeine intake – this will help ease your insomnia and promote better sleep. You should also limit your intake of alcohol and nicotine.
Additionally, if you have difficulty sleeping at night, you should try to avoid daytime naps. Creating a sleep routine is an important lifestyle change that can affect the symptoms you experience. Go to bed at the same time each night and make an attempt to wake up at the same time each morning.
If you exercise, you should make sure that you pace yourself. Your symptoms can worsen and cause an episode of fatigue. It is important that you avoid both physical and emotional stress. Make it a point to give yourself time to relax every day or participate in activities that help you relax and have fun.
Therapy for CFS
There are two types of therapy that may be beneficial if you have chronic fatigue syndrome – physical therapy and psychological counseling. With physical therapy, a trained physical therapist evaluates you and comes up with an exercise plan that is customized for you – the intensity of this exercise routine will gradually increase. This is known as gradual exercise therapy, or GET. The goal of this therapy is eventually to get to your own level of daily optimal activity in a steady, paced manner over time.
On the other hand, the aim of psychological counseling is to help you in coping with chronic fatigue syndrome and its symptoms and improving your mindset.
Exercise is the foundation of chronic back pain treatment. Click the button below for professional tips to get rid of this pain.
According to experts, there is a better chance of a successful treatment among people who meet certain criteria, such as the following:
- People with a lower level of impairment
- People who do not focus too much on the symptoms
- People who comply with counseling programs
- People who pace themselves so that they avoid too little or too much exertion
Home Remedies for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Here is a look at some of the best home remedies that can effectively relieve symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome:
- Ginseng: Stress is one of the most common causes of CFS, and for centuries, ginseng has been known to prevent stress. It is also known to boost alertness and vitality which is why it is commonly recommended for people who suffer from both physical and mental exhaustion. Ginseng is rich in antioxidants, making it excellent for increasing immunity against any CFS-causing infections. Additionally, it is great for boosting physical and mental performance, which are both often impaired by CFS.
- Oats: You get energy from different types of grain, and oats are one of the best. Regardless of whether your fatigue is caused by mental anxiety, overexertion, substance abuse, or other factors, oats provide necessary nutrients to your diet, helping your body get back in good condition. This vital grain also helps in regulating the cardiovascular system and easing heart palpitations. It can also help in easing the stress brought on by insomnia, ensuring a good night’s sleep.
- Alfalfa: This is a well-known herb that helps to increase appetite and improve digestion. This, in turn, provides energy to your body and increases functionality so that it can fight the symptoms of CFS. Alfalfa can also help in lowering stress and anxiety and improve cognitive ability. Because CFS also compromises hormonal production, in some cases, the hormonal boost that the herb provides can counter this side effect and ensure that the systems in your body function properly.
- Licorice: Licorice has the ability to act almost like steroids, which means that it boosts the production of adrenaline and cortisol in your body. This, in turn, helps in improving your body’s response to anxiety and stress. Furthermore, when your condition is weak, licorice can improve your immune system and provide more energy so that your body is able to fight fatigue.
- St. John’s Wort: For many years, countless health conditions have been successfully treated with St. John’s Wort and now you can use it as a natural remedy for CFS as well. It is often used to naturally relieve anxiety and depression, and also helps in promoting better, restful sleep. This powerful herb is also specifically effective against a number of different viral strains that can result in excessive fatigue and exhaustion, like the herpes simplex virus.
Click the button below to book an appointment and treat symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome.
If you have chronic fatigue syndrome and need proper treatment to relieve symptoms, one of the best things you can do is go to a reputable medical clinic in San Francisco. Your doctor will determine the best treatment based on your specific symptoms and requirements. This may be in the form of medications or therapy. There are also certain exercises that can effectively help treat CFS when used in conjunction with medications and therapy. Make sure that you visit a specialist in CFS to ensure that you get the best treatment for your specific case and get relief from the pain and discomfort that comes with CFS.