Diarrhea occurs when the body rejects certain foods or a person consumes too many liquids. Diarrhea causes a person’s stools to become loose and watery. This condition is common and is not typically serious when it occurs. Some people experience diarrhea after using some forms of medication. This usually occurs approximately once or twice a year for most people and remains for about two to three days. People with Irritable Bowel Syndrome may experience diarrhea more often. Most over-the-counter drugs can treat diarrhea, but in severe cases, a doctor can prescribe medication to help with pain and dehydration.
Diarrhea Symptoms May Include:
- Bloating in your belly
- Thin or loose stools
- Watery stools
- An urgent feeling that you need to have a bowel movement
- Nausea and throwing up
- Blood or mucus in your stool
- Weight loss
At EZCare Clinic in San Francisco, we will assess the reason for your diarrhea and provide a treatment plan that may include prescriptions or IV Therapy to re-hydrate the body. To learn more about how we can help you with diarrhea treatment, call EZCare Clinic in San Francisco at (415) 966-0848 to schedule an appointment today for a consultation.
Please Seek Immediate Medical Attention if You Experience Any of the Following Symptoms:
- Abdominal or back pain
- Dizziness or vertigo with vomiting
- Blood in stool
- Black stool
What to Expect at Your Visit
- Depending on your age, treatment at EZCare Clinic may vary.
- Patients who experience severe shortness of breath or trouble breathing should visit the emergency room.
- Sign-in at the front desk and be sure to complete the necessary paperwork.
- Our doctors will review your medical history and will talk about your allergy symptoms with you before conducting a physical examination.
- Following testing, we will recommend a personalized treatment plan to fit your lifestyle and allergy needs.
Once your visit is complete, you may pick up a full summary of your condition and prescription at the front desk.